Sunday, January 3, 2010

Who I Was Born To Be




Congratulations to Dr. Ngoc Ha on her marriage to Dr. Quoc Cuong. Dr. Ha provided care and support to many of the children served by Kids Without Borders in Viet Nam. She also inspired us to launch the Teach Me To Fish program ten years ago.
-
We are inspired by Dr. Ha's story and want to dedicate this song in her honor:
-
When I was a child
I could see the wind in the trees
And I heard the song in the breeze
It was there, singing out my name
...
But I am not a girl
I have known the taste of defeat
And I have finally grown to believe
It will all came around again
...
And though I may not
Know the answers
I can finally say I am free
And if the questions
Led me here, then
I am who I was born to be
...
And so here am I
Open arms and ready to stand
I've got the world in my hands
And it feels like my turn to fly
...
When I was a child
There were flowers that bloomed in the night
Unafraid to take in the light
Unashamed to have braved the dark
...
I am who I was born to be
I am who I was born to be
-

Who I was born to be, performed by Susan Boyle. Song written by Audra Mae, Johan Fransson, Tobias Lundgren, Tim Mikael Larsson.
-

It costs less than US$1.00 / day to support one youth in the Teach Me To Fish program. To learn more about the program and to make your contribution, contact us at info@kidswithnoborders.org or make your donation online at http://www.kidswithnoborders.org/ .

No comments: